Practical Lambing Workshop
Prepare and refresh skills and knowledge ahead of the 2019 lambing season. Ideal for new shepherds but also an excellent update for
more experienced livestock keepers wanting to update their skills and learn more techniques.
Wednesday 23rd January at 10.00am – 1.00pm
Matlock Meadows, Snitterton Road, Matlock, Derbyshire, DE4 2JG.
The workshop will cover the following:
• Prepare your farm and flock for lambing with appropriate equipment and medicines
• Appreciate normal ewe behaviour before and around lambing
• Practice delivering normal and abnormal lamb presentations using a lambing simulator
• Perform techniques such as tubing, as well as more advanced procedures like eyelid injections and intra-peritoneal glucose
Enhance your skills in:
• The benefits of recording lambing data and using it to improve performance
• Recognising and dealing with problems in lambing, including metabolic ewe diseases, prolapses and abortions
• Procedures and techniques which will equip you to deal with different lambing situations
• Care for both normal and weak lambs in the hours and days after birth
Throughout the workshop you will have the opportunity to ask the vets any questions you may have about your flock. There will be a light
The cost of this workshop is £50 +VAT per person and any extra people from the same farm will be £10 +VAT each. There’s a 10%
discount for Young Farmers’ Club members.
To book please call 01335 361420 or email email@example.com